Kommuniti HQpowered by TidyHQ
Welcome to Kommuniti HQ
Wellbeing is the no 1 sought after outcome for all residents of a Local Government Authority (Council)
Too many people in our communities are facing rising poverty, inequality, and financial insecurity while the powerful few get wealthier.
Although rivers of wealth flow through local communities, traditional economic development, focused on investment diverts it, with profits and dividends often being extracted by sophisticated investors.
Community Wealth Building - is a collaborative approach that builds locally controlled economies that put communities first.
Watch this video from our collaborative partners at CLES and if it resonates with you, then you are in the right place, heading in the same direction with many of us, Locally, Nationally, and Internationally.
Economic and Community development professionals and Local Government are working in partnership with foundations, anchor institutions, unions, community organisations, progressive business networks, workers, and community residents.
What’s emerging is a systems approach to creating an inclusive, sustainable economy where all can thrive.
The work is place-based, fed by the power of anchor institutions, and built on locally rooted and broadly held ownership. It’s about Building Community Wealth and Wellbeing.
KOMMUNITI HQ - A profit-for-purpose social business
PURPOSE - Help make Cities and Communities, Inclusive, Safe, Resilient and Sustainable
MISSION - A National Network of Development Trust Community Funds
VISION - Localised Economic Activity is Sustainable for the Wellbeing of People and the Planet
Our Events Link - bit.ly/KommunitiHQEventbrite
A Community Wealth and Wellbeing pilot has begun within the City of Joondalup Local Government Authority (LGA) in Western Australia.
Utilising the Nextdoor platform, we have built a network of over 1200+ members in our Kingsley 6026 Hub. We have begun offering some of these members an opportunity to join one of the many planned Gatherings, Activities, Groups Workshops, and Events that bring our Kommuniti closer together.
Kommuniti Members - Community Wellbeing
- Nextdoor Kommuniti - FREE Instantly connect with your neighbours and neighbourhood
- Social Media Groups (Public and Private) FREE group inclusion
- Kommuniti Cafe Gatherings - FREE Meets at least monthly to support a local coffee shop
- Kommuniti Walking Group - FREE Heart Foundation endorsed walking groups
- Edible Gardens Kommuniti - FREE Grow-Share-Eat online platform
- Kommuniti Social Outings (list price) Communities that play together, stay together
- Workshops and Events (list price) Learn more about community well-being
Kommuniti Subscribers - Community Wealth Building
- Annual Subscription - LGA Development Trust Community Fund
- Social Klub Outings (discounted)
- Workshops and Events (up to 50% off list price)
- Kommuniti Lotto Syndicate (1 share)
- Eligible for Delegates, Leaders, Facilitators and Secretaries nomination.
Kommuniti Council - Community-Owned Development Trusts and Employee - Owned Companies
- By Invitation Only
- Kommuniti Membership and Subscription included
- Education and Mentorship
- Workshop Crewing
- Board Eligibility (Future)
- Institute of Community Directors Membership
- Employment Opportunities
- Syndicated Investment Opportunities
Keep up to date with our continued growth by becoming a FREE Kommuniti member HERE
Allan 'Big Al' Connolly
Founder and Managing Director
Kommuniti has many references and resources that it draws from and collaborates with many organisations with the same aim. We are aligned with the UN Sustainable Goals and in particular #SDG11 Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Governance - we use circles of sociocracy to make decisions by consent as equals and not the consensus of a vociferous few. We elect officers to the governance work of our circles and sub-circles.