Kommuniti HQpowered by TidyHQ
Welcome to Kommuniti HQ
Building community capacity can be very subjective and there is definitely no one size fits all, and who would ever want that, but as Einstein once said..... "The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result".
Too many people are facing rising poverty, inequality, and financial insecurity while the powerful few get wealthier.
Although rivers of wealth flow through local places, traditional economic development, focused on investment diverts it, with profits and dividends often being extracted by sophisticated investors.
Community Wealth Building is an alternative; it is a collaborative approach that builds locally controlled economies that put communities first.
Watch this video from our Collaborative partners at CLES and if it resonates with you, then you are in the right place, heading in the same direction with many of us, Locally, Nationally and Internationally.
Economic development professionals and city mayors are working in partnership with foundations, anchor institutions, unions, community organisations, progressive business networks, workers, and community residents.
What’s emerging is a systems approach to creating an inclusive, sustainable economy where all can thrive.
The work is place-based, fed by the power of anchor institutions, and built on locally rooted and broadly held ownership. It’s about Building Community Wealth and Well-being.
KOMMUNITI HQ - A profit for purpose social business
OUR PURPOSE - Help make Cities and Communities, Inclusive, Safe, Resilient and Sustainable.
OUR VISION - Localised Economic Activity is Sustainable for the Wellbeing of People and the Planet
OUR MISSION - A National Network of Community Owned Development Trusts
OUR KOMMUNITI HUBS - bit.ly/KommunitiHubs
OUR EVENTS - bit.ly/KommunitiHQEvents
OUR KOMMUNITI CHAMPION AWARDS - bit.ly/KommunitiChampionNomination
A Community Wealth and Well-being pilot has begun within the City of Joondalup Local Government Authority in Western Australia, in the suburb of Kingsley 6026.
Utilising the Nextdoor platform, we now have over 1200+ members in our Nextdoor Kommuniti Hub - Kingsley 6026. We have begun offering these members an opportunity to join one of the many planned Meetups, Groups, Activities, Workshops, and Events that bring our Kommuniti closer together.
Kommuniti Members - Community Wellbeing
- Nextdoor Kommuniti - FREE Instantly connect with your neighbourhood
- Social Media Groups (Public and Private) and E-Updates FREE
- Kommuniti Kuppa Meetup - FREE Meets twice monthly at the local coffee shop
- Kommuniti Walking Group - FREE Walks every Saturday morning
- Edible Gardens Kommuniti - FREE Your local grow community Grow-Share-Eat
- Kommuniti Social Outings (list price) Communities that play together, stay together
- Workshops and Events (list price) Learn more about building community wealth and well-being
Kommuniti Hub Subscription - Community Wealth Building
- One Annual Subscription - Community Development Trust Fund
- Kommuniti Social Outings (discounted)
- Workshops and Events (up to 50% off list price)
- Kommuniti Lotto Syndicate (1 share)
- Eligible to become Kommunit Hub Circle Delegates, Leaders, Facilitators and Secretaries.
Kommuniti Development Circle - Community Leadership and Development
- By Invitation Only - Only open to Social Capitalists
- Membership and Subscription included
- Education and Mentorship
- Workshop Crewing
- Board Eligibility (Future)
- Institute of Community Directors Membership
- Employment Opportunities
- Syndicated Investment Opportunities
Keep up to date with our continued growth and know when we have expanded into your Local Government Area (Council) by becoming a FREE member HERE
Allan 'Big Al' Connolly
Founder and Managing Director
Kommuniti has many references and resources that it draws from and is collaborating with many organisations that have the same aim. We are aligned with the UN Sustainable Goals and in particular #SDG11 Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Governance - we use circles of sociocracy to make decisions by consent as equals and not the consensus of a vociferous few and we elect officers to the governance work of our circles and sub-circles.